Treat Yourself To A Classy Mojito
The mojito has become one of the most popular cocktails for good reason. It’s easy to make and a delight to drink. The cocktail requires only a handful of ingredients, especially rum, mint and lime, which are mostly fresh and may already be available in your kitchen.
Note that the ingredients used for mojitos matter a lot. Avoid spicy, overpowering ingredients like some brands of rum. As much as you can, choose premium brands to use, from the choice of rum to soda.
- 50ml light rum
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 lime, cut into 2 halves
- Soda water
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 mint sprig, to garnish
- Ice cubes
- In a highball glass, mix sugar, mint leaves and a dash of club soda.
- Mix properly using a spoon to dissolve the sugar and extract mint flavour.
- Squeeze the juice from both halves of the lime into the glass; drop one half into the glass.
- Add rum and stir properly.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Top up with soda water. Stir thoroughly.
- Garnish with mint sprig and serve cold.