Tried Braided Suya Chicken Bread?
I love pizza, there is no need for denying this. However, my love for other things unique keeps me longing for more. Today, there is a ton of people eating pizza from various pizzeria in the country. Sadly, the quality appears to be deteriorating. So, let’s try something new, shall we?
Heard of Braided Suya Chicken Bread? If you are tired of pizza, or you are an adventurous foodie like me, then this is for you. I love this dish because it somehow always take me by surprise anytime I cut through it… the cheesy pull, and the distinct suya flavor is new every time. After trying several and failing, I was victorious in conquering this dish by getting the perfect recipe. If you follow this exact recipe, then you will find yourself making a bunch of this to host your house parties and get together events.
- 4 cups, flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup water
- Suya chicken filling
- 2 deboned chicken breast
- 2 tbsp suya spice
- 2medium red onions
- Black pepper
- Chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ¼ mozzarella cheese
- ¼ pandano grana/Parmesan cheese
- Marinate chicken with half of the suya spice for 2hrs and grill or sear until done
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, oil, sugar, active yeast and egg. Form the dough by adding warm water and milk slowly so the dough will not be wet
- Knead the dough for 10 mins till it springs back with a touch of the finger. While the dough is resting, prepare the filling
- In a pan, add the butter and olive oil, heat it up and add the chopped onions and sweat it until translucent but not brown. Add the flour and make a roux (thicken agent)
- Pour the milk and stir well. Add the chicken and every other ingredients-expect the cheeses, cook for 5 mins and allow it to cool
- Once the dough has risen, divide it into two equal parts and roll them into a rectangular shape. Brush melted butter over the dough
- Put cooled chicken filling in the middle of the rectangle and top with the cheeses. Cut diagonal slits on both sides of the rectangle and fold the slits in a criss-cross fashion
- Realest for the second dough and brush the dough with egg.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown.