Try This Potato Salad Recipe Today
Although this is usually served as a side dish, potato salad can be your main meal.
- Six medium Irish potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup green beans, chopped
- ¼ purple onion sliced
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- Using a double boiler, cook your potatoes until a fork can run through but not too tender. The double boiler enables the potato to cook by the steam of the boiling water and it prevents the potato from absorbing water.
- Leave the boiled potatoes to cool.
- To make the salad dressing, put your mayonnaise, lemon juice and black pepper in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, pour in all your vegetables, potato and add the dressing.
- Using a spatula, give your salad a light stir until combined. Mix lightly so you don’t mash your potato.
- Put your salad in the refrigerator for a little while. (Optional)
- Serve your salad cold.
To recreate a double boiler effect at home. Place a stainless bowl on top of your clean pot with water. The plate should stay on the edges of your pot. Find a suitable lid and, using low heat, cook your potatoes.