Valentine Date Night Makeup Idea
Valentine’s Day is coming and we have the perfect date night look for you! Inspired by the beautiful look Layefa Beauty did on media personality, Stephanie Coker; we’ve re-created that look and explained how to achieve it in time for V-Day.
1. Start by filling in your brows with a light pencil. Drawing soft hair like strokes makes your brows look more natural and less ‘drawn in’.
2. Use a tacky eye primer on your lids. Using a fluffy brush, blend in your transition shade. This is a shade that is slightly darker than your skin tone. Once that is done, take an orangey-brown shade and using a pointed brush, blend that shade into your crease. This will add warmth to your eyes.
3. For your eyelid, use a light matte shade. This will contrast with the orange and make it look brighter. Finish the eye look with winged liner (use a felt tip liner for more control) and black kohl in the waterline. Add a few coats of mascara to your top lashes to open the eyes.
4. Prime your face with a primer. If you have oily skin, set your primer with some powder to mattify your face.
5. Use and blend your favourite foundation into your skin. Remember to blend down your neck so your face doesn’t look different from your body. Highlight under-eyes and conceal dark under-eye circles by applying concealer one to two shades lighter than your regular skin tone. Contour your cheekbones and forehead using a concealer one to two shades darker.
6. Set under-eyes with yellow loose powder set the dark concealer with a darker powder and set the rest of your face with your normal loose finishing powder.
7. Highlight your cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin with a champagne gold shimmer powder. Blend it into the skin so it doesn’t look ‘too much’. Apply a warm orange blush to your cheeks for a flush of colour
8. Using a creamy red lip pencil, outline and fill in your lips. Apply a soft matte red lipstick to your lips. Set your face with setting spray and that is it!