Despair in Ondo as fire guts power plant
People of Oke-Agbe in Akoko South West Local Council of Ondo State were in total despair and despondency as there was huge inferno on an electrification power plant in the community.
The Guardian learnt that the plant caught fire on Monday afternoon and was still burning yesterday as at the time of filling this report.
Though the cause of the fire could not be ascertained, there were speculations that the spark might have been caused by some faulty circuit-breakers while others said it was due to indiscriminate bush burning.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident, stated that the command had begun investigation to unravel the mysterious fire, saying: “We are yet to know the cause of the fire but we have commenced investigation.”
No comments yet