Coronavirus – UNICEF Benin COVID-19 Situation Report No. 22: 18 September – 2 October 2020
Since March 2020, a total of 2,357 COVID-19 confirmed cases have been identified in Benin out of 167,555 tests conducted. 77 new cases were identified in the last two weeks.
One death related to COVID-19 was recorded in the reporting period bringing the number of deaths to 41. Fatality rate stands at 1.7% whilst the recovery rate is 83.9%, with 1,973 recovered cases.
Number of children under 18 infected by the virus represent 15.7% of all confirmed cases.
Download report: https://bit.ly/3jyBovR
- The most affected departments are all located in the former “cordon sanitaire”, namely, Littoral, Atlantique and Ouémé;
- 94.5% of confirmed cases are locally acquired;
- On 28 September 2020, all students returned to school with instructions on handwashing and wearing of masks;
- Compulsory wearing of face masks in public remain in place;
- In addition to mandatory tests upon arrival, the Government announced on 1 September that PCR tests were now required for all passengers departing from Cotonou International Airport. A fee of 50,000 FCFA (90 US$) must be paid by all travelers.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
No comments yet