REMINDER: WHO Africa Online Press Briefing on COVID-19 and vaccine development in Africa
Please join an online media briefing with the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa (www.afro.who.int), and the Principal Investigator of Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine Trial in South Africa. The briefing is on-the-record and it is an opportunity for you to ask questions about the COVID-19 and vaccine development in Africa. The media briefing is facilitated by APO Group.
• Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization Regional Director for Africa
• Professor Shabir Madhi, Wits University, Principal Investigator of Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine Trial in South Africa
• Professor Pontiano Kaleebu, Director MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
• Dr Delese Mimi Darko, Chief Executive Officer, Ghana Food and Drugs Authority
Date: Thursday 9 July
Time: 12:00 Brazzaville/Kinshasa Time GMT +1 / 13:00 Central Africa Time / 14:00 Nairobi Time
- Tsepiso Makwetla, Journalist
Language: English/ French
To attend, please register at: https://APO-opa.com/who
Interpretation will be provided in French. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to access the event.
You can send questions in advance in English or French. Please email Collins Boakye-Agyemang: email@example.com and Danielle Siemeni: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, your country and your media organization. Anonymous questions will not be accepted.
You can also ask questions live during the briefing using the Q&A function in Zoom. Please specify your full name, your country and the media organization you work for.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of WHO Regional Office for Africa.
No comments yet