REMINDER: WHO Africa Online Press Briefing on COVID-19 and vaccine development in Africa
Please join an online media briefing with the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa (www.afro.who.int), and the Principal Investigator of Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine Trial in South Africa. The briefing is on-the-record and it is an opportunity for you to ask questions about the COVID-19 and vaccine development in Africa. The media briefing is facilitated by APO Group.
• Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization Regional Director for Africa
• Professor Shabir Madhi, Wits University, Principal Investigator of Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine Trial in South Africa
• Professor Pontiano Kaleebu, Director MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
• Dr Delese Mimi Darko, Chief Executive Officer, Ghana Food and Drugs Authority
Date: Thursday 9 July
Time: 12:00 Brazzaville/Kinshasa Time GMT +1 / 13:00 Central Africa Time / 14:00 Nairobi Time
- Tsepiso Makwetla, Journalist
Language: English/ French
To attend, please register at: https://APO-opa.com/who
Interpretation will be provided in French. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to access the event.
You can send questions in advance in English or French. Please email Collins Boakye-Agyemang: email@example.com and Danielle Siemeni: firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, your country and your media organization. Anonymous questions will not be accepted.
You can also ask questions live during the briefing using the Q&A function in Zoom. Please specify your full name, your country and the media organization you work for.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of WHO Regional Office for Africa.