Six ways to be all you desire to be
One can only see himself as a failure when he stops trying, but until then, every disappointment and disaster should be seen as a lesson to learn from. For one to succeed, he has to be willing to fail. There is a saying that “success is on the other side of failure”.
We hear success stories of individuals who started out with nothing in their pockets and are currently building or have built empires. The interesting question is: how did they do it? How did they move from nothing to something? And why do some people achieve their goals but others don’t? The answer is simple – THEY NEVER GAVE UP.
This set of people could visualize what they wanted long before they had tangible resources. They imagined the reality they wanted to occupy, irrespective of their current realities. If you can think it, it can come to life, and if someone has reached that height, you can reach it too. The words you speak to yourself daily has an active role in shaping you, such is the power in words that what you speak creates your reality.
So therefore if you believe, and you speak positively, it creates your reality, which is success, but if you believe that there are limits to what you can achieve, and always put up excuses (such as environment, lack of funds etc.), those limits become your reality.
The words “I can’t” and “It’s impossible” are negative disempowering words – they program us to abort a process. They sabotage whatever chance we have at succeeding. They program us to fail.
If you always say ‘I can’t’ or ‘it’s not possible’ it will never be possible, this is because you won’t even try to attempt something outside your Limited Mindset. Anything is possible with the right mindset, the more you believe, the closer you are to achieving your dreams and if you fail, you learn from it, change something and believe again!
Below are six ways to help you be all you desire to be.
1. INVEST IN YOURSELF: How do you spend your time? What do you commit yourself to? What are your priorities? How much time do you spend working on yourself to become better? How many books have you read? What new skill have you inquired? A lot of people spend their free time sleeping, watching television or day dreaming of irrelevant things, making wishes but never taking actions. The difference between Successful and Unsuccessful people is in the fact that they both invested their time differently. In this competitive world, your life has to be effective, you have to build yourself to be better than you were yesterday.
2. HAVE A PLAN: Always have a plan and if it doesn’t work, improve on that plan and make it stronger. Rome was not built in a day, so therefore everything has its season, just keep on pushing. The struggle should make you stronger and not weaken you.
3. AVOID PROCRASTINATION: It steals your time without you realizing it. Put an end to procrastination and become self-disciplined. Act like your life depends on it. If it matters so much to you, you would not put it off till another time. Always have a compelling reason to get it done- that way you won’t procrastinate. Your reason must be bigger than your excuses. Develop the habit of getting things done even when you don’t feel like doing it. Make whatever you are doing important enough. Always have in mind the reason behind why you took up that task. Why you do what you do is more important than what you do. Sometimes, your motive is your biggest motivation. Start taking action and find a reason why you must do this and never stop until you achieve your aim.
4. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET: Always believe that you can, and you will. Erase every form of self-doubt; you have been created with gifts, a purpose and opportunities to better yourself. One can never know how far he can go, until he keeps pushing. Always know that you are capable of achieving great things in your life – never underestimate yourself. The greatest challenge of man is not his environment but himself. Develop a mental toughness that never quits and when you feel like quitting, always remember why you started. There is no cross without a crown, there’s no glory without a struggle. Surround yourself with people who can take you higher.
5. FEAR: What kills people in today’s world is FEAR. Fear of the unknown, Fear of not being able to reach their desires goals. At the end of the day, instead of motivating them to achieve their goals, fear weakens them, and soon they start creating excuses, denying themselves the chance for greatness.
6. GET A LIFE COACH: According to Bob Nardelli, ‘Unless coached, people can never reach their MAXIMUM CAPABILITIES. Coaching is a valuable tool to humans most especially in helping to solve issues ranging from Relationships, Emotions and Personal angles. Coaching moves you from where you are to where you are ought to be, it propels individuals to understand themselves fully, realize your potentials and become the best version of themselves.
Sign up for the Life coaching class slated from 12th – 18th of March 2018, for more information, contact us on 08077077000 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments yet