Unleashing your inner power
That feeling that you are stuck somewhere and having a hard time believing you’ll ever get anywhere. In fact, you don’t have a clue how to get anywhere. You don’t even know where you want to go. You’re not alone. Truly hear this.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We all feel like that sometimes. Trying to work out who you are and what you want to do to attain happiness and satisfaction in life can be confusing and overwhelming. Sometimes you just need to step outside of yourself.
Your INNER POWER is a state of mind. It is the guiding force that helps you live a healthier, happier, and more successful life. When you align with your inner power, you give yourself permission to dream big. Nobody is you and that is your greatest strength.
All of us have inner strength. Unfortunately, a lot of people are not activating it because they are living with a victim mentality. This “poor-me” attitude encourages the abandonment of responsibility. It feeds off of the deceitful belief that no one has control over their own life.
Studies on the Psychology of Victimhood suggests that individuals with a victim mentality have difficulty expressing and processing negative emotions, such as anger, fear, and disappointment.
As a result, they often experience feelings of hopelessness and helplessness. You are living with a victim mentality if you play the blame game, justify your bad behavior, and constantly complain why things aren’t going your way. If you behave in this way on a consistent basis, learned helplessness may result. This is a mindset that results from repeated loss of control over the outcome of situations. When you lose your power enough times, you learn that, no matter what you do, you can’t win.
A major way that you can move forward in life is if you commit to stepping out of the victim role. To claim your inner power is to take responsibility for everything – your results, behaviors and actions. This is what mentally strong people do.
Seven things to note to unleash and claim your inner power are:
1. Nobody knows what you want or need as well as you: Don’t wait for the time to be right, or someone to come along and point the way; begin where you are and work with what you have got and what you know. Better things will show up along the way.
No matter what you choose, no matter what life challenges come your way, you are going to be just fine. Listen to your inner guidance, it will give you the courage to follow your dreams. And don’t worry if you have no new ideas right now.
2. Life can be balanced: An obvious fact is that everyone meets obstacles, complications and disappointments. The good news is that every setback has within it a comeback.
No matter if you’re “late” in starting a business or changing a career, and don’t know quite what to do or where to go, you have an enormous creative power within. You just need to learn how to use it. Shake things up. Change your viewpoint. You might discover being lost didn’t disempower you after all. Often our biggest victories come from our biggest struggles. Embrace your struggles. Be willing to enter new territories and accept new opportunities. Make sure you take time for your ‘being’ instead of only your “doing” self.
3. Difficult paths often lead to ideal destinations: Don’t allow fear to run the show. Fear is only as strong as you allow it be and fear means you’re operating from a mind-set of resistance. Decide your ideal experience. Out of every difficulty comes the foundation for new understandings that forge your new, beautiful life.
4. Painful things often teach what we need to know: Painful experiences can enhance your life. When things are going great we tend to invest little or no time in making sure we know where we’re going. When things get tough we’re more inclined to ponder, to make new distinctions that enhance the quality of our life. Let your feeling of being lost guide you to a new and greater future. Life comes with pain and with joy, with wounds and healing and sometimes we grow from one or the other, but usually we need both. You’re always the winner as you gain the priceless gift of experience.
5. It doesn’t have to be perfect: If you want to change your health, get moving…try something new. If you want to change your relationship, get started on making some inner changes to your beliefs and habits of being, don’t wait for that perfect moment, it doesn’t exist. Whatever you want deep in your heart, begin it. Make some progress; it equals greater happiness. Get some momentum going. Many people get scared when things don’t work out. Because they don’t want to feel that failure, that sense of being less than, so they give up. Instead of worrying about failure, focus on looking for progress.
6. You get to decide when you’ve had enough: There comes a point when it’s up to you to decide if you’ve had enough heartache and pain. No one can do it for you. No one is coming to rescue you. You are the Captain of your Ship. You may have been discouraged, beaten down, hurt, or wounded, but you don’t have to stay there.
7. Connect with a Life Coach: A Life Coach helps you navigate from where you are to where you desire to be.
Coaching is a practical, forward-looking process for you to find the clarity that requires you to make the decisions that would lead you in the direction of achieving your goals. It is a powerful support system to keep you moving in the right direction. Partnership with a Life Coach makes use of the knowledge, information, synergy and talents that you bring to the problem-solving process.
At the Olusola Lanre Coaching Academy (OLCA), you are the subject. We introduce you to the real YOU and help you gain clarity in the 12 Critical Areas of Life.
Take the right step in the right direction, on the right path and register to join us at the Life Coaching and NLP Combo Certification Program with The Catalyst, Lanre Olusola. To sign up, visit www.olcang.com/register or send an email to email@example.com or call 08077077000.
No comments yet