7 Ways To Get Rid Of Chin Hair
If chin hair has been the cause of your sleepless night and low self-esteem, well, you have opened the right page.
First, it is important to inform you that you’re not alone and about 10% of women around the world also grow chin hair. Although the likelihood of you growing chin hair is fairly dependent on your ethnicity, race or genetics, there are a lot of other causes.
On a world scale, studies show that Asian women are more likely to have male hair growth pattern than Caucasian or African American women. On a local level, Igbo women are more susceptible to grow unusual body hair than the other ethnic groups. Also, the probability of you growing chin hair rises to 70% if you notice the same on your mother or grandmother.
Why worry though? It is usually barely noticeable.
Women having male hair growth can also be traced to hormonal imbalance and can be symptoms of other health issues.
But Fear Not! We will be listing 7 ways of getting rid of embarrassing chin hair.
PS Do not google chin hair as a symptom, so you don’t have your heart in your mouth.
- Tweezing: Tweezing works easier when you have a few hair strands here and there. Get a tweezer to pluck out the hair strand when you notice. This method also comes highly recommended as the process pulls out hair from the root. Also, it destroys the hair follicles over time.
- Shaving: This is one of the fastest methods. On a personal note, I won’t recommend this for chin hair, as you’ll have to do it more often. This process only shaves hair from the surface causing it to grow faster. The possibility of getting bumps around the chin is also high. We all know how bad that looks. It is also worthy to note that hair does not grow thicker. Contrary to popular belief, the regrowth looks coarse because the hair tips are blunt after shaving.
- Waxing: This is also a very effective hair removal option, it can be a bit painful. However, it is a bearable pain. You can do this yourself at home or go to a spa near you.
- Threading: This is mostly done in a salon or spa, and unlike tweezing where single strands of hair are removed one after the other, threading removes rolls of hair strands at a time.
- Sugaring: This is very similar to waxing, except its only ingredients are lemon, sugar and water making it all-natural. It also pulls out hair from the root and the result lasts longer than shaving.
- Laser hair removal: This is a permanent hair removal or reduction method; this method is faster than waxing or tweezing. The process is convenient with minimal discomfort and is recommended if chin or body hair is visible. It is costlier than the methods mentioned above.
- Electrolysis: This method is designed to destroy the growth centre of the hair using chemical or heat energy just like the laser hair removal. This is also quite pricey, but the results are totally worth it.