Brandied Fruit Day: How To Make Brandied Fruit
Brandy is an alcohol savoured with good food and good friends but it can even be flavoured to infuse a fruity taste to it.
In commemoration of the Brandied fruit Day which is celebrated every 20 October, here is how to make a brandied fruit drink with fresh apples.
- 9 cups diced fresh apple
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cups light brown sugar
- 4 cups very good quality brandy
- In a very large bowl, combine fruit and sugars, stirring well. Cover and let it soften for an hour, heave the contents every 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash and sterilise eight smaller jars, divide the fruit in the eight smaller jars and pour in the brandy.
- Pour brandy in the jars containing the fruit ensuring the fruit is well immersed in the brandy.
- Cover and store in a cool place for at least one month.
- It is stored months in a cool temperature and the older it stays the better. Brandy apparently gets better with time.
You can add the brandied fruit to ice cream, cake or fruit punch.