Easy Peasy Gravy Sauce
Looking for what to eat with the mashed potatoes up there? Look no more, this sauce is very easy to make and will complement the mashed potatoes well.
• 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 or 3 mashed potatoes
• 2 tspn vegetable oil
• 2 tspns unsalted butter,
• 1 ½ cups chicken stock
• Veggies (Carrots, Bell Peppers, Green Peas, Green Beans)
1. Marinade chicken breasts with seasoning cubes, salt sprinkles, pepper flakes, rosemary, garlic, and let marinade chicken sit in the fridge for about one hour before the intended cooking time
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and one unsalted butter to the pan.
3. Add some finely diced onions and garlic, let sauté for about one minute, then add the chicken marinade to the pan and let both sides cook (each side should take about four minutes each)
4. Add veggies (Carrots, Bell peppers, Green Peas and Green beans), add chicken stock, cover skillet and let cook for five minutes.
5. Add thickener, most people use corn starch to thicken their sauce, but I prefer to use peeled raw potatoes, as they can also act as thickeners and they, are a healthier option, let cook for about ten to fifteen minutes.
6. Turn off heat and serve with mashed potatoes