Enjoy The Goodness Of Tigernut Cake
Popularly referred to as “Kunu aya” in the Northern part of Nigeria, tiger nuts has its roots in ancient Egypt where it served as a form of oral medication. The nuts, one of the healthiest in the world, is known to prevent infection, regulate blood pressure, and prevent malnutrition. Asides this, it has been embraced by men as an Aphrodisiac.
Asides eating it and using it as a drink, the tiger nut cake is one that will bring you delight. This is because once tasted, will leave your taste buds asking for more.
- 3 cups, tiger nuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 pack of finely crushed digestive biscuit
- 1 ½ tsp coconut shavings
- Wash tiger nuts thoroughly, blend with dates and sieve to extract the milk.
- Melt butter and mix with the biscuit. Pout biscuit in a man and press down with a bowl to form a solid base.
- Refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Set tiger nut milk to boil and stir until it thickens.
- Pour cream on the biscuit base and refrigerate.
- Decorate with coconut shavings.