How To Make Sumptuous Oat Cakes
Trying out a new recipe every now and then can be very exciting. Since it is the season of celebrating our kids, here is one sumptuous new recipe you need to try out.
- 2 cups (350g) oatmeal
- 1 cup (230g) water
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary, carrot or banana (to give it a fruity taste)
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
• Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
• Mix the oat and rosemary or finely chopped carrot
• Add a pinch of salt to the mixture, along with the extra virgin olive oil.
• Bring the water to the boil and add it to the bowl. Mix with a spoon and let it cool slightly.
• Use your hands to form a dough. Feel free to add a bit more water if the dough feels too crumbly.
• Roll out the dough until very thin (3mm) and cut in circles with a round cookie cutter. If the dough is a bit sticky, roll it out on a baking sheet, to avoid using additional flour.
• Place the circles on a tray covered with a baking sheet, no extra grease required.
• Bake until golden brown, for 15-20 minutes. If your oven doesn’t cook evenly, make sure to turn the trays half-way through baking. Keep a close eye on the oatcakes in the last 5-8 minutes, to avoid overcooking them.
• When the oatcakes are ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool.