How To Prepare A Bowl Of Delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti is somewhat a common meal, but how you choose to garnish it sets it apart from other delicacies as seen in this recipe:
500g cooked and drained spaghetti
For the meatballs
400g mince beef
400g mince pork
100g shredded white bread (crusts removed) or breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. Salt
6 chopped or grated garlic cloves
1 tbsp. Thyme
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp. grated nutmeg
150g cheese (Preferably mozzarella)
For the sauce
4 tbsp. olive oil
4 sliced garlic
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 can of tomato paste
- Put the meat and pork into a large bowl and season with salt. Set aside for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, put the bread in a bowl with the milk and leave to soak.
- Add the soaked bread into the bowl with the meat along with the remaining meatball ingredients, except the cheese. Season with plenty of pepper and mix together.
- Roughly divide the meatball into portions. Use your hands to flatten one portion then gently wrap each around a piece of the mozzarella and roll into a ball.
- Fry the meatballs in 3 tbsp. of the oil, browning them on all sides, then transfer to a plate and set aside to cool. Pour the remaining oil into the pan and heat for 1 min, then fry the sliced garlic for a few seconds.
- Tip in the vinegar and bubble for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, then season and cook over medium heat for 10minutes.
- Add the meatballs and gently stir to ensure they’re fully coated in the sauce. Cover the pan and simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes, stir the sauce over the meatballs occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Serve the spaghetti with a spread of meatball sauce at the top.