Pumpkin Cheesecake Day: How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin cheesecake is a pastry most Nigerians will probably not add in their recipe list. But trying something new doesn’t hurt. The ingredients can be found in a grocery store that sells ingredients for intercontinental recipes.
To celebrate the National Cheesecake day, here is how to prepare the Pumpkin Cheesecake.
- 8 ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen thawed whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- From the mixture, remove one cup of batter and add to the cracker crust,then set aside.
- In the remaining batter, mix the half teaspoon of cinnamon, the pumpkin puree, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and mix gently until well combined.
- Gently spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Leave to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cover with whipped topping before serving.