Ten Easy Steps To Make Vegetable Couscous Salad
With the celebration season around the corner and guests trooping in for a visit whip up vegetable couscous salad in a jiffy to satisfy your guests.
Although most people think of couscous as a grain, it is actually a type of pasta.
Did you know that couscous is derived from Arabic but the dish is typically considered part of North African cuisine?
Vegetable couscous salad is composed of stir-fried vegetables and couscous. This easy and light meal can be considered for your holiday menu plus you can enjoy it has a side dish or main dish.
● 1 cup of couscous
● 1 tbsp Olive Oil
● 1 red pepper
● 1 medium yellow pepper
● 1 zucchini
● 2 onions
● Spring onions
1. Boil water, butter, olive oil and salt in a pot.
2. Pour the couscous in the pot containing the heated ingredients.
3. Remove the couscous from the heat.
4. Cover the pot tightly and allow the couscous to steam for about five minutes.
5. Use a fork to break up any clumps in the couscous.
6. Dice the peppers, onions and zucchini in a separate pot.
7. Stir-fry the vegetables on high heat for a few minutes.
8. Mix the stir-fried vegetables with the couscous.
9. Add spring onions to the couscous and vegetables when it is almost ready.
10. Serve the vegetable couscous and dig in!
The salad can be eaten warm or cold, with chicken, with fish or beef. The meal is rich in carbohydrates, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.