The Perfect Recipe For A Shrimp Stir-Fry
This delicious shrimp stir-fry uses some of our favorite healthy ingredients like sweet corn and fresh basil. It is perfect on its own, but you can serve it with rice or pasta.
- 1 kg jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2 large ears of corn, kernels removed
- 3/4 cup small red tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 12 to 18 fresh basil leaves, shredded or cut finely
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan shavings
- Cooked rice or pasta, for serving, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the olive oil.
- Add the shrimps and garlic, then sauté for about three minutes until the shrimps are opaque. Remove shrimp.
- On high heat using the same pan, throw in the zucchini and stir for about 45 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high, then throw in the zucchini. Stir it around for about 45 seconds. Move to the edge of the pan.
- Add the corn, cook for a minute, and then move to the sides of the pan.
- Throw in the bell peppers, stir for a minute, then sprinkle on some salt and black pepper.
- Put the shrimp back in. Stir all the ingredients around for about 45 seconds until hot and well combined, and then take off the heat.
- Sprinkle on the fresh basil and some Parmesan shavings then squeeze the lemon all over the top.
- Serve with rice, pasta or on its own.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421