Travis Scott To Headline First UK Concert Since Astroworld Tragedy
Travis Scott will headline his first UK concert since the devastating Astroworld Tragedy.
The rapper will appear as the headlining act at London’s O2 Arena on August 6th. This will be one of his first significant concerts after the death of 10 people at his 2021 Astroworld Festival held in Houston, Texas.
View this post on Instagram
Taking to social media to announce the concert, Scott wrote: ‘Been in the studio for a while time to take it to bigger speaker see u soon London.’
After taking a short hiatus, the rapper is seemingly making a comeback.
In fact, he is scheduled to headline the “Day N Vegas” concert slated for Labor Day, ten months after the deadly events of the 2021 Astroworld festival. This would be his first headline show in almost a year.
In May, he made his first live televised performance since the 2021 Astroworld tragedy at the Billboard Music Awards.
While many people had argued that his performance at the BMAs was too soon.
Sean “Diddy” Combs made a case for him on social media, saying “This just in for the Billboard Music Awards this Sunday I made a request; I made a demand. I said, ‘My brother Travis Scott has to perform. I’m executive producing, he has to perform,’ and NBC said, ‘Yes.’ It’s going down Sunday, Travis Scott will be performing … now that’s love.”
While Scott has returned to performing publicly, his legal battles tied to the 2021 Astroworld Tragedy are far from over.
Also, in May, Rolling Stone reported that new court filings also from last week revealed how many concertgoers were injured in the 2021 Astroworld tragedy.
The outlet further revealed that attorneys had pushed that along with the 10 deaths, there were 732 claims tied to injuries that required extensive medical treatment, 1,649 tied to less extensive treatment, and 2,540 claims for injuries where the severity is still under review, totalling over 4,900 claims for deaths and injuries at the festival.