Try The Hot Dog Cheesies For Breakfast
This kid-friendly meal is perfect for breakfast or a fun midday snack. Hot dog mixes very well with cheese, and you can always spice it up to suit your taste.
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 tbsps softened butter
- 4 slices of cheese or 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Mustard (optional)
- Drop hot dogs into a pan of boiling water. Cover and leave to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler to 350°.
- Butter one side of each slice and place bread butter-side-down on a clean working surface.
- Top with a pinch or a slice of cheese, and then place a hot dog diagonally in the centre of each slice of bread so that the hot dog is pointing to two corners.
- Gently pinch bread corners together to cover hot dog.
- Use a toothpick to hold together sides of bread.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 550° for about 14 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the cheese holds its shape.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421