The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Autopsy reveals electrician was electrocuted in pharmacy


Autopsy report on 33-year-old Idris Lasisi, an electrician, who was recently found dead inside the attic of a pharmacy on Abraham Adesanya Low Cost Housing Estate, Ajah, Lagos State, has revealed that he died of asphyxia and electrocution.

The deceased had gone to effect electrical repairs at the abode of a pharmacist, Adebayo Afon, on December 9. Apprehension set in, following his disappearance, while his car was still outside. However, his lifeless body was discovered inside the roof during a search.

There had been allegation of foul play in his death, but the autopsy report, dated December 18, and signed by Dr. O.O. Kila of the Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) and the Ogombo Divisional Police Officer, was made available by the elder brother to the deceased, Abdul-Rahaman Lasisi.

According to Abdul-Rahaman Lasisi, “the relationship between the deceased and the owner of the pharmacy is close to eight years and throughout the relationship, we have never had any reason to suspect him of any ulterior motive. So, we have accepted what happened as an act of God and we have resolved not to press further charges against him.”

According to him, the father of one will be buried as soon as possible, adding that the owner of the pharmacy has promised to render financial assistance to the deceased’s pregnant wife and aged mother. Efforts to reach the Divisional Police Officer, Ogombo Division, proved abortive as telephone calls put to him were unanswered.

Recalling what led to the incident, the pharmacy owner, Afon said he invited the deceased whom he had known for more than eight years to fix an electrical fault at the store. “On December 9, he came and went to the attic, but workers at the store did not see him come down. They looked around for him and called me when they did not see him. His car was outside and he had a flat tyre, so, they thought he was running around to fix the tyre.

“When they wanted to close, they called me again, saying they had not seen the man and that the electrical fault had not been fixed, I told them to look for another electrician to go up and check if the man was there. The electrician went up, used a torch to look around, but said he did not see anybody. The store was closed afterwards.”

He added that the shop opened the next day being Sunday for operations and closed after few hours without the workers noticing any strange occurrence. “But by Monday when they wanted to open the shop, they noticed liquid dripping from the ceiling and a strange odour, they called me and I reported at the Ogombo Police Station myself.”

In this article:
Idris Lasisi
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet