Do You Know You Can Make Pancakes And Waffles With Yam?
Leave your loved ones in heaven with this creative yet easy take on the classic Nigerian breakfast meal of yam and eggs.
- Fresh yam, peeled and boiled until soft
- Chopped mixed vegetables (onions, pepper, spring onions, bell peppers etc)
- 3 large eggs
- Seasoning cubes, optional
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mash boiled yams using a mortar and pestle, potato masher or food processor.
- Add chopped vegetables for a pop of colour.
- Add the eggs and mix. Start with one egg and mix until the batter is thick. If it is too watery, the pancake will break apart when flipped.
- Season mixture with salt and seasoning cubes.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little oil as you would a regular pancake.
- Scoop batter on the pan and spread using the back of the spoon into a circle.
- Cook on medium heat and flip over when one side is ready. It’s easier to use a spatula wide enough for the pancake to sit comfortably on before you flip to keep it intact.
- When both sides have browned, take it out of the pan and repeat the process.
- To make yam toasties or waffles, grease your sandwich toaster or waffle maker and scoop on the batter when the toaster is hot enough. Cover the toaster and leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Sweeten your toasties further by drizzling some honey all over them.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421
No comments yet