Ekiti government says COVID-19 third case stabilising, 70 isolated
The Ekiti State Government has said that the 29-year-old woman, who tested positive for COVID-19 last Friday, was gradually stabilising and responding to treatment.
The state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, who disclosed this in Ado-Ekiti yesterday, said the patient was gradually coming out of the coma.
“The news of the third case was broken by the governor on Saturday. She went into a coma before being referred to a teaching hospital. I want to tell you that she is improving.
“As of now, she is stabilising and responding to treatment,” she said.
Besides, Yaya-Kolade said about 73 people that had contacts with the patient had been identified through aggressive contact tracing done by government, saying: “Out of the 73, we have traced 70 of them and they are currently being monitored. We have advised them to be in self-isolation for 14 days while the secondary contacts are being traced with the aid of our district surveillance officers.
“Some of the suspects, who did not have homes to perform the self-isolation, were provided with accommodation by the government.”
Also, Yaya-Kolade said that 42 blood samples had been taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and that 39 had been done with no confirmed result as of now.
Meanwhile, the Special Adviser on Security to the Governor, Brig-Gen. Ebenezer Ogundana, said in view of the identified gaps, the government had beefed up security at borders and that all porous portions had been closed down to check influx of people.
He added that the traditional rulers and youths of the border towns were being involved in surveillance to check movements into the state from neighbouring states.
No comments yet