Ekiti to expand isolation centre for 120 patients, says Commissioner
Ekiti State Government will expand the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) isolation centre to accommodate 120 patients in case of emergency.
The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, said this in Ado Ekiti yesterday when members of the state’s task force on COVID-19 briefed newsmen.
According to her, the state has nine functional ventilators purchased for the purpose of ensuring that no victim of COVID-19 loses their life in the state as a result of poor treatment.
Yaya-Kolade said the government had been taking proactive steps since March 18, 2020, when it recorded the first case, saying the expansion of isolation centre was targeted at ensuring that Ekiti recorded no death.
She said the two cases recorded thus far were treated with investigational drugs, which she said had been working.
“The expansion of the isolation centre to 120-bed is not misplaced because the pandemic is still ongoing, even in the United States of America, and we have to be proactive. To us, this is not a misplaced priority, but a sign of good governance.”
The commissioner added that the government was embarking on aggressive education and sensitisation of people while also putting them on surveillance to quickly ascertain those who fall victim of the scourge.
No comments yet