Ex-NSA Dasuki charged to court
The Department of State Services ( DSS) on Monday charged retired Col. Sambo Dasuki, former National Security Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, to court for possession of fire arms without licence.
This is contained in a statement issued by an operative of the service, Mr Tony Opuiyo in Abuja.
The Service had on July 16, carried out a search operation on properties belonging to Dasuki in Abuja and Sokoto.
The search, necessitated by credible intelligence which linked him to acts capable of undermining national security, led to the recovery of large cache of arms and ammunition.
The statement said that following the discovery, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained.
It said the offence related to possession of fire arms without license was punishable under section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004.
“This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law, in which nobody is deemed to be above the law no matter how highly placed in the society,” it said.
The statement also said that the general public would be duly informed as the matter progresses in court.
It said the Service was committed to the fundamental role of providing adequate security for all Nigerians to enable them pursue their legitimate aspirations and businesses.
No comments yet