Wednesday, 1st February 2023
<To guardian.ng
Search
Breaking News:

FG’s directive on border closure still in force, says Customs

By Bala Yahaya, Minna
13 October 2022   |   3:47 am
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Niger/Kogi Command, has reiterated that the Federal Government’s directive on border closure is still in force, warning smugglers and criminal elements...

Buhari. Photo/facebook/AsoVilla

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Niger/Kogi Command, has reiterated that the Federal Government’s directive on border closure is still in force, warning smugglers and criminal elements that no one would be spared no matter how highly-placed.

The Customs Area Controller, Niger/Kogi Command, Busayo Kadejo, gave the warning, yesterday, while briefing journalists on the successes recorded by the command in 60 days of his resumption.   

He said that since he assumed office on August 10, 2022, he had swung into action by re-organising and strengthening the roving teams in the command to be more result-oriented, adding that the result was the seizure of smuggled goods and anti-smuggling works.

Kadejo said that during the period under review, the command had been able to record the seizure and detention of exotic cars and other vehicles of about 57 units of different make, as well as the arrest, detention and release of seven suspects on administrative bail.

The Controller also said that other seizures and detentions recorded at various places within the jurisdiction of the command include 22 bags of second-hand clothing, 90 bags of fertilisers, 116 kegs of 25 litres each of Petroleum Motor Spirit (PMS) and 36 bags of 50 kg each of foreign parboiled rice.

He stressed that the cumulative duty paid value for all the seized items amounted to N238.4 million, adding that the command was also able to recover total revenue of over N50 million.