Fire Razes Shops At Sabon Gari Market, Kano
OVER 100 shops were razed down at the furniture section of the popular Abubakar Rimi market, known as Sabon Gari market in Kano. It started around 7pm and lasted up to 10pm, Thursday.
Confirming the incident, the chairman of the Furniture Marketers Association of the market, Alhaji Mani Jikan Shera, disclosed that it was possible that the fire started at some of shops that charge phone batteries, for failing to put off their electrical appliances.
However, some of the people who lost their shops in the fire fingered the stoves used by tea sellers at the market as being responsible for the fire outbreak.
It was estimated that properties worth billions of naira were wasted in the fire outbreak, “as the shops had furniture both foreign and domestic ones,” a source close to the market leadership revealed.
No comments yet