Flour Mills commits to enriching lives in 2019/2020 Sustainability Report
Nigeria’s leading integrated food business and agro-allied Group, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN), today released its 2019/2020 sustainability report at the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The report titled, ‘Feeding the Nation and Enriching lives through Sustainable Operations,’ details the progress made in each of its focus areas, as well as its commitment to contribute to global efforts aimed at combating climate change and promote a more prosperous and inclusive future.
The Report which was presented during the Facts Behind the Sustainability Report Series of the Nigeria Stock Exchange was attended virtually by the Group Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Exchange Group, Mr Oscar Onyema.
Developed with input from stakeholders and in line with GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), the report highlighted efforts made in between 2019 and 2020 by FMN in improving its business operations and performance on key environmental, social and governance indicators as well as its commitment to creating a sustainable future.
Highlights of the report include:
● FMN’s multifaceted stakeholder engagement strategy which helps the group build strong relationships with mapped stakeholders as well as better understand and address key concerns and expectations.
● FMN’s Backward Integration program which acts as a strategic imperative to create value in our supply chain and reduce dependence on imported raw materials.
● FMN’s commitment to adding value to society through various programmes and initiatives within our operations and operating areas nationwide.
● FMN’s leadership structures and procedures which help to maintain strong corporate governance across the business and translate strategy into action.
● FMN’s responsibility towards the environment including our operational ecosystem which covers sustainable packaging solutions, waste management, and energy efficiency.
● Our trade sustainability strategy which is based on an empowered workforce which we achieved through diversity, inclusion, employee engagement, workplace protections, and adherence to all labour practices.
Speaking during the report presentation, the Group Managing Director/CEO of FMN, Mr Omoboyede Olusanya stated that the company remains committed to ensuring the business remains anchored on global best practices across the full spectrum of its operations.
He said: “This report provides insight into our commitment as a business to continue to engage in the most sustainable practices which directly impacts our environment and social performance. We are incredibly happy with what we have achieved, and we are ready to increase our efforts in creating a resilient future for the Nation.”
Read the full FMN Sustainability Report here: https://fmnsustainabilityreport.com
Incorporated in September 1960 and quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978, Flour Mills of Nigeria (FMN) Plc, owners of the iconic Golden Penny Food brand is one of Nigeria’s leading food and agro-allied companies. With a broad basket of food products and robust pan-Nigerian production, distribution, and supply chain network, FMN is a fully integrated and diversified food and agro-allied group.
No comments yet