GreenHouse Lab holds first accelerator programme
Offers expertise resources to grow firms
Nigeria’s first female-focused tech accelerator and only “Powered by Google Launchpad” accelerator in Africa, GreenHouse Lab, at the weekend held its first accelerator programme tagged “Demochella”, the GreenHouse Lab Demo Day.
The programme, which offered expertise, a strong investor and mentor network and resources to grow strong companies, featured an intensive curriculum delivered in-person by various industry experts and leveraged existing entrepreneurship education frameworks and focused on a variety of key topics, including product development, market segmentation, human capital, financial strategy, technical due diligence, marketing and more.
Other channels of engagement included weekly guest lectures and office hours with the Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs)The event had five participating companies presenting their businesses to investors, tech executives and other industry leaders.
• Bankly: A voucher-based payment solution for the unbanked, which enables people without bank accounts or debit cards to make payments easily at Point of Sales Merchant locations and Online channels.
• AMPZ: An online media platform that connects the African sports ecosystem from grassroots using mobile and web technology with aims to bring Africa’s 928 million sports enthusiasts together connecting them with like minds and African grassroots sports talents to opportunities.
• BitMama: A fin tech company that allows people to make payments and trade by converting their local currency to crypto currency.
• Allpro: An end-to-end lending platform for schools in Nigeria.
• Nicademia: A video streaming and content distribution animation company for promoting the culture and languages of Nigeria and other African countries. The mission is to prevent the extinction of Nigerian and African Languages as well as create a market for African animation. Nicademia is currently the largest video-streaming platform for African animations with over two million viewers, 500 animations and airing on seven local and international TV channels, including DSTV and GOTV.
1. AllPro – Nigerian EdTech startup building an end-to-end lending platform for schools in Nigeria.
2. AMPZ.tv – An online media platform that connects the African sports ecosystem from grassroots using mobile and web technology
3. Bankly – It is a digital banking platform that enables users to top up their account using physical vouchers from agents within proximity
4. BitMama – A crypto-fiat exchange that allows customers and traders to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital currencies in Africa.
5. Kozzi Homes – It helps by connecting clients to professionals in the housing industry.
6. Nicademia – A video streaming and content distribution animation company for promoting the culture and languages of Nigeria and other African countries.