Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

I didn’t administer overdose on Adeleke, says nurse


Isiaka Adeleke

The nurse who allegedly injected drugs on late Senator Isiaka Adeleke, Mr. Alfred Aderibigbe yesterday told the coroner inquest set up by the Osun State government that he administered drugs on the deceased in consonance with the prescription given by his doctor.

Aderibigbe, who is a chief nursing officer at a Comprehensive Health Centre in Edunabon, Ife North Local Council of the state said he had been treating the Senator for about 20 years.

He said he did not know any of the deceased’s physicians that used to prescribe drugs for him and admitted that he only administer drugs on the deceased whenever he was called upon to do so.


While denying administration of overdose injection on the deceased, Aderibigbe admitted that he was the one that administered the already prescribed drugs on the deceased as part of effort to treat gout arthritis, an ailment the late senator had, few hours to his death.

He denied administering all the empty ampules of injections found in his room on the deceased.

Aderibigbe who was led in evidence by his counsel, Lekan Alabi, said he gave the late politician some drugs he had already kept with him.

According to Aderibigbe , ‘’on April 23, I saw Adeleke’s aides who said the deceased has been calling my phone for crucial medical treatment.

“Out of these missed calls, I noticed that Senator Adeleke had called alongside within of his friends, Dipo Faborode.

“But immediately I called back. Adeleke told me that that gout was disturbing him. He said I should bring along his injections which he kept in my custody.

“But when I got there I saw him in pains. He told me that he had been calling me and later asked for his Injections which I had already brought for him.

“when I brought it out he asked if I brought intravenous fluid apart from the injections. Though I didn’t take this along but I went home immediately and I brought it.’’

“I saw some oral drugs which I thought he had taken before I arrived there. He started calling the drugs one by one in the presence of his friend, Dipo.

“When he brought out a prescription, I started the administering of those drugs as being prescribed.

“So, when I checked him, his blood pressure was 130/80. Temperature 37.4, respiration was 26 beat per minute pulse 86.

“I saw that all his vital signs were okay. When I was checking his vital signs he said he was getting better.

“When I noticed that he had taken some drugs before my arrival, I swiftly asked him if he had taken anything, and he said there was nothing he had not used before I came.

“in my effort to make him better, I broke three out of the four injections I brought inspire the fact that he insisted I give him all.

“But I used my discretion since he insisted that I give him all the dosages in the prescription to ensure that the drugs are accurately administered.

“I stayed with him from 4am and left at 7:50 in the morning. Though I normally stayed until he wakes up, but, I had to go take persimmons from church because I was supposed to teach Sunday school.

“I left his friend Dipo with him. But when I came back and when he was still sleeping and his friend Dipo was behind him when I entered, I called his name “De Guv” but, he didn’t not respond well.


“ When I noticed this I quickly gave him cardiac massage when I discovered that he was not breathing well.

“When this persisted we raised an alarm and brought his vehicle and he was rushed to Biket Hospital in Osogbo.

“ I knew he would have died before reaching Biket Hospital because I was not in the same vehicle with him and there was no any medical experts in the vehicle. He later died when before getting to the hospital.


In this article:
Isiaka Adeleke
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet