The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

It was reported by his brother that he committed suicide by using a cloth to hang himself to an aluminum frame


Adegoke who attempted suicide

Adegoke who attempted suicide

The Lagos State Police Command has commenced investigations into the death of one Tope Diya, a teenager, who allegedly committed suicide yesterday morning at the Agege area of the state.

The deceased, who until his death lived at No. 5, Ademolu Street, Oko-Oba area of Agege, was said to have died by strangling. He was said to have orchestrated his death by using a cloth to hang himself to an aluminum foil at his place of work at Olayiwola Street, Oko-Oba.

Although the reason he committed suicide was still unknown, he was found by his brother, Sule Wasiu, who also lives at Agbado area of the state.

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, a Superintendent of Police, said discreet investigations have begun.

“It was reported by his brother, Sule Wasiu, that he committed suicide by using a cloth to hang himself to an aluminum frame in his working place at Olayiwola Street Oko-Oba.

“He was found dead at about 7.00a.m. The command operatives from Oko-oba visited the scene and photographs were taken, with the body removed to mortuary for autopsy.”

There was also another aborted suicide attempt by a mother of four, whose attempt to jump into the Third Mainland Bridge on Wednesday evening, was aborted by operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS).

The woman, who was identified as Halimat Adegoke, was said to have attempted to commit suicide by jumping into the lagoon with her 12-month-old baby.

Baring a last minute intervention from a commercial taxi driver, who drew the attention of the RRS riders, who were on routine patrol of the area, she would have jumped over.

Adegoke, while being interrogated afterwards at RRS headquarters, said she had trekked from Medina Estate in Gbagada to the Third Mainland, after she heard a voice calling out to her to come to the bridge.

The lady, who currently lives with her parents following a temporary separation from her husband, was released to her relatives yesterday morning.

Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet