The Secretary to the Taraba State Government, Chief (Barr.) Timothy G. Kataps, has urged beneficiaries of the Kefas Youth Empowerment Fund to judiciously utilise the financial support that will be provided to them by Governor Agbu Kefas, warning against diverting the funds to activities that would not improve their lives.
Kataps stated this on Wednesday while declaring open a one-day capacity-building training organised for qualified beneficiaries of the first phase of the Kefas Youth Empowerment Fund.
He said the state government was proud of the initiatives of the Taraba State Youth Agency, particularly its efforts to empower young people and reduce unemployment in the state.
The SGS advised the beneficiaries to see the fund as an opportunity to build sustainable businesses and secure their future, rather than spend it on frivolous activities.
He urged them to stay away from distractions, stressing that the empowerment fund was not meant for entertainment or activities such as visiting nightclubs, but to help beneficiaries define their lives and build a better future.
According to him, investment requires patience, focus and vision, urging the beneficiaries to remain committed to whatever businesses they choose to establish.
Kataps further disclosed that beneficiaries who perform well during the assessment and monitoring process could receive additional support.
He assured the beneficiaries that the empowerment programme would be sustained throughout the tenure of the governor Agbu Kefas administration, urging them to make maximum use of the opportunity.
He also described the current disbursement as the first tranche of the fund and encouraged beneficiaries to regard the support as a seed capital capable of transforming their economic circumstances.
Also speaking, the pioneer Chairman of the Taraba State Youth Agency, Gara Nugnga, said the empowerment programme was being implemented in phases and would continue until more youths across the state were gainfully engaged.
Nugnga said the beneficiaries were selected from a database created by the agency, adding that monitoring and evaluation teams had been established to track how the funds were being utilised.
He explained that the agency had also developed forms which all beneficiaries would complete to facilitate proper documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
According to him, the ultimate objective of the programme is to take unemployed youths off the streets by providing them with opportunities to establish sustainable sources of livelihood.
Nugnga said Governor Kefas had demonstrated strong commitment to youth development and empowerment, assuring that subsequent phases would expand the reach of the programme.
Earlier, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Digital Economy, Justine Tyopusu, highlighted the importance of the capacity-building exercise, saying the training would equip beneficiaries with the knowledge and skills required to manage their businesses successfully.
He said the exercise was designed to enable beneficiaries to maximise the opportunities provided by the empowerment fund and improve their chances of succeeding in their respective businesses.
Follow Us on Google News
Follow Us on Google Discover