Lagos discharges two more coronavirus patients
The Lagos state government on Monday announced the discharge of two coronavirus patients after making full recovery from the novel virus.
“Two more female patients have recovered fully, tested negative twice consecutively and have been discharged from the facility today,” Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu said in a statement.
This brings to a total number of 31 patients who have fully recovered and discharged from the state’s facility in Yaba.
As at 09:30 pm Sunday 5th April, there were 232 confirmed cases of Covid19 reported in Nigeria. Thirty-three have been discharged with five deaths
The Nigerian government in a bid to contain the spread of the dreaded virus shut down Lagos State, Ogun State, and the capital city Abuja on Monday night. Other states have also set up some measures to curb the spread.
So far, three state governors and President Muhammadu Buhari Chief of State Abba Kyari are among the people infected by the virus.
Nigerian government has also expressed that the country may experience “exponential” increase in coronavirus infections in “days ahead” if the contacts of confirmed cases are not tracked down quicker.
“We are full of appreciation to the frontline health workers working hard during this difficult time,” Sanwo-Olu said.
“Their successful strides in this war against COVID-19 brings us joy and hope. I, therefore, enjoin citizens to continue to listen and obey health advisories issued by our health experts as they coordinate resources to beat #COVID19.
No comments yet