Leave Anambra streets, Obiano orders protesting youths
•WIC indicts Lagos security personnel, IPAN rules out Igbo agenda
•One die as hoodlums attack police station
•‘200 protesters killed by security, pro-govt thugs’
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has ordered some youths masquerading as #EndSARS protesters in the state to leave the streets.
Issuing the warning while addressing newsmen at his hometown, Aguleri, Anambra East Council, the governor condemned the widespread destruction of individual and government property, describing it as “self-inflicted injuries”.
Anambra, he said, had worked to ensure seven years of uninterrupted peace and security, which helped to strengthen the economy.
The Deputy Inspector-General (DIG) of Police in charge of ICT Unit, Celestine Okoye, observed that the destroyed police stations were built via community and individual efforts.
THE World Igbo Congress (WIC) has described the killing of peaceful protesters at Lekki Tollgate as unacceptable and said the law enforcement agents in Lagos must be held responsible.
In a television interview, a national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, said the only people that could authorise such force to kill were the President and the Chief of Army Staff.
The Executive Board Chairman of WIC, Prof. Anthony Ejiofor, has called for calm, while he consults with other regional and ethnic leaders in the country.
He summoned Igbo leaders for an emergency meeting on October 31, 2020.
MEANWHILE, Igbos for Progressive Nigeria (IPAN) says it is regrettable that the protests had been wrongly branded an Igbo agenda, to cause disaffection.