The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Military Frees 234 More Women And Children From Sambisa Forest

Related

Chibok-school-galsANOTHER set of 234 women and children were rescued through the Kawuri and Konduga end of Sambisa Forest on Thursday.

A press statement by Maj-Gen Chris Olukolade, the Director of Defence Information (DDI) at the Defence Headquarters, yesterday said they had been evacuated to join others at the place of ongoing screening.

This set, he said, was in addition to the previous individuals earlier rescued during the ongoing operation in the area.

“The assault on the forest is continuing from various fronts and efforts are concentrated on rescuing hostages of civilians and destroying all terrorists camps and facilities in the forest,” he noted.

 

 

Similar stories
Troops rescue 293 girls, women from Sambisa forest
Troops invade Boko Haram stronghold, Sambisa forest
Nigerian troops forced to retreat from Sambisa forest


Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

1 Comment
  • tayo adefemi

    The Nigerian troops have been very exceptional ever since the crackdown on the Islamist terrorist Boko Haram. The continuing military landmark set by the nation’s security apparatus is a good testament to the fact that given enough military hardware couple with the continuous mass equipping of all our security forces with sophisticated arms and ammunition, any terror organisation both from within or outside the country cannot threat the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Nigeria. We must also not hurriedly forget to commend the outgoing government of president Goodluck Jonathan who of course started the ongoing military crackdown against the Boko insurgency. The resultant effect of his commitment to winning the war on terrorism and extremism is what we all can confidently say has played a pivotal role in bolstering our military prowess. By and large, i think Mr president is almost on the verge of fulfilling his promises regarding the freeing of all the hostages under the terror group. Even if the whereabouts of the over 200 missing Chibok schoolgirls is not yet ascertain by the Nigerian military, we all have the cause to remain very optimistic about the prospect of freeing these girls wherever they must have been taken to. The incoming government needs to sustain the ongoing offensive action against the terrorist group until the country becomes a terror-free zone.