The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Nigeria will regain leading continental role, says Adeboye




GENERAL Overseer, The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has assured that with prayers Nigeria would definitely regain her status as the giant of Africa and play the leading role she had played in the past.

Adeboye made the remarks while addressing the media through the Special Assistant to the General Overseer, Administration and Personnel, Pastor Johnson Odesola at the RCCG Secretariat, Redemption Camp, Lagos Ibadan Express road on the special programme fixed for the first Sunday in the month of September.

Adeboye revealed that the theme, which is Redemption and Rededication of every first born with the theme: “Destined for Excellence” and would take place at RCCG headquarters, Throne of Grace, Ebute-Metta, Lagos.

The RCCG general overseer likened the position of Nigeria as not only that of the big brother to other nations but of the ‘first born,’ in the continent, which makes her prone to the demon’s attack.

Every first born is the devil’s target because of his or her unique position to be the role model. The reason why Nigeria has been facing different challenges cannot be far from this.

Nigeria laboured hard to fight apartheid in South Africa.” The first media house in Zimbabwe was started by Nigeria. Nigeria once supported Gambia to pay salaries while countries like Senegal, Sierra-Leone, Liberia as well as Zambia benefitted from the magnanimity of Nigeria as the big brother in Africa.

It is not therefore surprising that the devil has decided to confront Nigerian with different challenges to hinder her from performing her noble role in the continent.

However, with prayer for the nation as the RCCG prays for every first born on Sunday, September 6, 2015, Nigeria will come out of the doldrums to occupy her rightful position,” he assured.

Adeboye emphasized that God commanded the redemption of every first born in the bible, knowing their position in the family to be the heir as those that open the way for other children to follow. “The enemy targets every first born to mess them up so as to dash the hope of those that would follow them.

He is always having in mind the saying that ‘smite the shepherd and the sheep shall be scattered.’ He believes that if he succeeds, others following the first-born would be derailed or become miserable.”

He recalled the first born in the scriptures that faced challenges like Adam, the first man to be created, who had to be replaced by the second Adam, Jesus Christ.

He also called to remembrance the attack on Cain. “Under the Jewish law, the first born would take 70 per cent of the inheritance while other children would share the remaining 30 percent, which goes for the reason again why every first born is the devil’s target,” he said.

He called on every first born to realize their unique position calls for fervent prayers and this is the reason to get connected with God.

He advised parents to always prophesy positively on their first born while intending mothers of first born should pray fervently and also prophesy that their first born should fulfill their destiny.

Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

  • Mustapha

    Expressions of good will. Thank you. Really motivational, not divine.

  • Aluko Adebayo

    God will surely help NIGERIA We are going to regain our past Glory in JESUS name. Let us continue to pray to God, God that remember the Israelite in the wilderness will answer our prayer. God that parted the red sea for the Israelite will pave way for NIGERIA.