The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Only one case tested positive for COVID-19 out of 70 in Ekiti State, says Fayemi

Related

Unveils response website, deploys GIS-based application
• Oyetola plans to forestall community transmission, seeks FG’s support
• Osun makes face-masks wearing compulsory in public places

Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi yesterday said that the doctor that attended to the pregnant woman at the private hospital was the only contact case that tested positive for Coronavirus out of the 70 contacts that had been established and tested.

Also, in the bid to further strengthen the mechanism for combating the pandemic in the state, Fayemi has unveiled Ekiti State COVID-19 Response Hub, a Geographic Information System (GIS)-based application that would help to curtail the spread of the dreaded disease.

The governor, while unveiling the interactive website in Ado-Ekiti, said the state was adopting technology to step up its fight against the deadly virus.

He said that the response hub would support the government’s efforts at mapping out the spread of the virus and identifying itinerary of positive cases to curtail the incidence of community spread.

In another development, Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State has reiterated his administration’s determination to forestall community transmission of Coronavirus and rid the state of the pandemic.

Besides, the governor also reiterated the need for the Federal Government to support Osun State in its commitment to contain the community transmission of the deadly virus.

He said that the support was necessary for a view of the huge resources that the state had committed to containing the spread of the pandemic in the state.

Oyetola, while fielding questions from journalists shortly after inspecting some health facilities in the state, attributed the success recorded so far in the management of COVID-19 in the state to his government being proactive, saying that the outbreak would have posed a looming danger to the state if not for the priority given to the health sector.

Meanwhile, in furtherance of measures to curb the spread of Coronavirus, the state government has made it mandatory for citizens in the state to wear face-masks in public places effective from today, Friday, April 24, 2020.

A statement yesterday by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ismail Omipidan, said that the decision was part of the resolutions by the South-West governors at its virtual meeting last week.


In this article:
CoronavirusCOVID-19Ekiti
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet