The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Stakeholders applaud Kwara bye-election

Related

Cross River Bye-election Also Peaceful
Despite Thursday’s attack on the convoy of Mr. Raheem Olawuyi, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), yesterday’s bye-election in Kwara State went peacefully in the four Local Government Areas (LGAs) forming the Federal Constituency.

The Guardian investigations around Ekiti/Irepodun/Isin/Oke-Ero Federal Constituency showed that the election started as scheduled, with accreditation of voters starting as early as 8am.

Card Readers in over 90 percent of the designated voting centres functioned normally, while those in the remaining 10 percent locations were promptly rectified by staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Mr. Saheed Alatishe, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the polls, described the exercise as free and fair. He urged his supporters to remain hopeful and calm.

In the same vein, Olawuyi said the exercise was fair and free just as he applauded INEC for the orderly conduct of the election.

Also in Cross River State, the bye-election into Ikom two State Constituency, yesterday, went peacefully as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fielded Mrs. Stella Egbong Nkoro, wife of the late member of the state House of Assembly, Mr. Simon Nkoro, and she stood unopposed.

PDP also fielded wife of the late member representing Obudu State Constituency in the House, Mr. Stephen Ukpukpen. Mrs. Abbey Ukpukpen in that election faced stiff opposition from the APC, but emerged victorious.


Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet