Troops arrest nine suspected attackers of Zangon Kataf, recover two bodies
Troops have arrested nine suspects in connection with the deadly attack on Zangon Kataf Local Council in Kaduna State.
In an update of the security situation in Kaduna yesterday, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said the arrest of the suspects was revealed in operational feedback submitted to the state government by troops of Operation Safe Haven.
The attack on a Zangon Kataf village on Sunday left five people dead.
He said: “The nine suspects were apprehended after continuous tracking by the troops. An assortment of weapons was recovered from the group,” adding that Governor Nasir el-Rufai received the report with gratitude and commended the troops for their relentless efforts.
Aruwan said the suspects had been handed over to the police for investigation.
“Troops of Operation Safe Haven have reported the recovery of two bodies, apparently of herders, in the Mabuhu-Wawan Rafi general area of Zangon Kataf,” he added.
According to the report, the herders, identified as Yusuf Ahmadu and Mustapha Bako, had gone out to graze their cattle and failed to return to their settlement.
“The cattle were eventually found wandering about the area unattended, with some bearing gunshot wounds. The herders’ corpses were found shortly after.”
BESIDES, air missions over locations in Birnin Gwari Local Council, troops also displaced terrorists in the troubled zone.
“Air platforms conducted armed reconnaissance over the Ganga/Udawa/Manini and Koriga axis of the Kaduna/Birnin Gwari road, in support of the Operation Taimako Yazo.
“Normal traffic was observed along the Kaduna/Birnin Gwari road. At Ganga, the situation was the same with motorcycles seen moving in and out of the town. Troops likewise reported a calm situation at Ungwan Yako. No threats were observed at Koriga,” Aruwan added.
No comments yet