Two feared dead as gas explosion rocks Obasanjo Library
A gas explosion, yesterday, rocked the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State. At least two people were feared dead in the explosion, which occurred at the Marque Event Centre in the premises of the library.
It was further gathered that the explosion, which occurred around 11.00 a.m., was triggered when technicians were topping up gas into an air condition at the event centre.
The two gates leading into OOPL have been shut when our correspondent visited. No fewer than six people, including an infant, have died in three different gas explosions in Abeokuta within one week.
On Tuesday, the Conference Hotel in Abeokuta, owned by former governor of the state, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, was hit by explosion, killing two persons and injuring three others.
The hotel is still under lock and keys following the explosion.
Last Wednesday, three persons, including an infant, were burnt to death in a gas explosion that occurred in Oke-Egunyan along Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Road in Abeokuta when a technician was topping up the gas of a faulty refrigerator.
Barely 24 hours after the incident, another gas explosion occurred on Mercy Road, Panseke, Abeokuta, where a technician, Sanya Shonde, was injured, which later led to the amputation of his leg.
No comments yet