Want to get full natural hair? Try the banana hair mask
Everyone wants full, long and healthy looking natural hair and if you are wary of using chemically laced products because of the harsh ingredients contained in them, natural products using the common banana can help you achieve this too.
Bananas are packed with healthy vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, B, C and E; potassium and tryptophan (a rich amino acid). They are also very good for natural hair and give the hair boost, shine and length, which every woman craves.
Bananas help to soften hair, improve hair’s manageability by loosening curls, reduce shrinkage, strengthen weak, dry, brittle or damaged hair due the density of nutrients and restore heat-damaged hair. Heat damage is sometimes unavoidable so a banana conditioning treatment may be just what you need to help with any weakness that results from damaged hair.
How to Make A Banana Hair Mask
1 ripe banana (2 if you have long hair)
2 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
2 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup full-fat milk (you can also use coconut milk or yogurt) Take a ripe banana, and blend it. Note that very ripe bananas work best for this recipe. Then, add honey, coconut/ olive oil and milk and blend everything really well. You don’t want any chunks, just smooth paste of creamy consistency. This will make it easier to rinse out.
If you want to save yourself the hassle of blending the banana, you can use banana baby food puree. Open the banana puree bottle, add the remaining ingredients and mix well and you are ready to go. This will also save you from banana bits sticking to your hair. If you do not want the banana to stick to your hair: split the banana in half and remove the centre black seeds, and then use for the mask.
How To Apply
1. Apply this mask starting at roots and working your way to the ends. Slather as much as you can, making sure you have covered every bit of your scalp and hair. Wind your hair into a loose bun if long.
2. Put on a shower cap or wrap a towel around your head to prevent dripping all over the floor.
3. Leave this on for about 30 minutes. While you wait for 30 minutes, you can do other things but ensure it stays for the allocated time.
4. Rinse hair thoroughly and shampoo as usual. You may not need to condition your hair but see how your hair feels first.
5. Leave your hair to air dry.
No comments yet