I have not received any offer from Joshua, Wilder claims
Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn said last week he had sent an improved offer to Wilder, but was pessimistic about getting a reply.
Hearn claims he has sent half a dozen emails that have gone unanswered and that it was unlikely Joshua will get the unification fight he craves at Wembley.
It is unclear if Joshua will even fight at his scheduled April 13 date at Wembley, but Wilder brushed off questions about offers sent to him to fill the slot.
‘I don’t know, I honestly don’t know, I’ve been so busy, it’s been crazy,’ Wilder told Behind the Gloves about Hearn’s offer.
‘When these guys come with real offers, they know what we want.
‘I ain’t trying to play around with nothing. Come straight, come correct and come direct.
‘If it ain’t right then we don’t wanna entertain it and that’s the bottom line.’
Joshua’s most likely opponent Dillian Whyte has thrown a spanner in the works by suggesting he will leave Hearn and Matchroom Boxing.
Whyte was angry with the ‘ridiculous’ offer made to him to rematch Joshua, and has since held talks with Premier Boxing Champions’ Al Haymon.
Haymon is one of the elite promoters in the US, while Frank Warren has also publicly said he would be happy to poach Whyte.
There are rumours that Joshua may cancel his Wembley fight night and make his debut in the US against American heavyweight Jarrell Miller instead.
While Joshua continues to hunt for his next opponent, Wilder is expected to face Tyson Fury in his next ring outing.
Wilder and Fury fought to a controversial draw last December and there is confidence on both sides the rematch will be agreed.