A glimpse of KVA seventh anniversary/conference – Part 2
Dearly beloved people of God, I bring to you warm greetings in Jesus Name, Amen! Continuing from the previous article dated February 3, 2019, where I wrote about foundations and ended with the ministration by Professor Athan Amasiatu (My Father-in-the-Lord) “if the foundations be destroyed?” This brought about the three cardinal points that are vital in foundation namely:
• Spiritual Foundation (founded by God) Heb. 13:5, Gen. 1:1
• Physical Foundation – The Earth, the Heavens. Heb. 1:1 – 10, Gen. 1:1, 2 Peter 3:10
• Civil Foundation (System of the world), which has to do with human government. This is subdivided into three parts namely: The Home, Church, and Government. References: Col. 1:12-13, 2 Corinth. 4: 4; 2 Timothy 2:16.
The above reminds us of the essence of foundation and how unique it is for anyone to critically look into what he/she is embarking on in life. Foundations have played a major role in the life of humans that man’s behaviour, whether good or bad is traceable to it. We were informed in the last article that sin makes a man to stink, due to his disobedience to God’s divine instructions. Having gotten a glimpse of “If the foundations be destroyed?” I will now bring to us the concluding part of this conference “What Can the Righteous do?”
For the sinner, he has to repent from his deeds by acknowledging Jesus Christ as His Lord and personal Saviour. Confess, profess and accept the Holy Spirit to come into him (Rev. 3:20).
The question is “what Can the Righteous do?” when things are falling apart and the foundation is shaking?After series of teachings and messages from guest ministers of God in the conference, on the concluding day, Professor Athan Amasiatu, who came to raise the Altar for the new season, thought of what the righteous can do.
Using these texts: Psalm 11:1-3, 2 Timothy 3:1-6, Jer. 6:16, & 2 Timothy 2:19 as the anchor Scriptures reiterated that brethren should re-examine themselves and watch what they do, the name they bear, their speech, etc. Asking the question below:
Who is the righteous?
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 2:4-6)
• The righteous is one who has been saved through faith (Acts 4:12, John 19:30, Titus 2:7).
• The righteous is somebody who is serving God acceptable (Rom. 6:23-24, Col. 1:12-13)
What to do by the Righteous
The righteous is to:
• Bring repentance and stand in the gap for mercy (2 Chronicles 7:14, Ezek. 22:30)
• Hold unto God (Rom. 1:18, Eph. 5:5-6, 11-12) and expose all the work of darkness and point the people to the truth (Prov. 23:23)
• Put their trust in God (2 Corinth. 4:3-4, Prov. 3:5)
• Go to God for a hiding place (Psalm 91, Isaiah 26:1-9, Psalm 57:1-3)
• Take up his shield of faith to quench the fairy darts of the wicked (Eph. 6:16) and pray to quench the fiery dart of the wicked (1 Peter 5:9, 1 Corinth. 10:13)
• Take hold of God’s promises because He does not fail (Isaiah 54:17, Psalm 92, Isaiah 44, Eph. 6:11)
• Submit to God and live by His Word (Joshua 1:8, John 15, Rom. 12:1-2). Hold unto prayer and your faith (Luke 18:1-8, Jude 1:3, Rom. 10:17)
In conclusion, the brethren were asked to take their place to stand in the gap for their nations, families, churches and others for God to show Himself mightily in the times we are in, as all glory and honour be given to Him.
My appreciation firstly is to the Almighty God and secondly to the following Servants of God: Professor Athan Amasiatu; Apostle Gen. Johnson Give; Rev. Damiete T.D. Amachree; Pastor Soky Bibi; Bishop Elijah Elijah Ikpongifono; Pastor Tekena Daminabo Fueyefika; and Bro. Chikaika Mbonu, among others, as well as Mrs. Florence Ibifaa-Thompson, who joined me to make the conference a great success. May the Almighty God reward you all in Jesus name.
Pastor Ibifaa Victor-Thompson
Contacts: +2348036759583, +2348028954896, +23484667916.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Church Name: Kingdom Vision Assembly.
No comments yet