Evidence of wrong relationship – Part 5
Continuing from where we stopped last week on “Why people make wrong choices.”
• Prayerlessness And Insensitivity To The Holy Spirit:
God will lead us to the right person, if we pray earnestly for guidance and direction. Prayers also help our spiritual ears to hear from the Lord and increase our sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
• Wrong Definition Of Love:
The way various authorities and people define love is an indication that people’s perspectives and understanding of what love is differ. According to George Bernard Shaw, “Love is the most misused and misunderstood word in our vocabulary.” It is good at this juncture to consider the following definition of love by various people at various times:
• Love is a state of perpetual anesthesia.
• Love is a grave mental disease.
• Love is a friend, a fire, a heaven. A hell where pleasure, pain, and sad repentance dwell
• Love is a folly of the mind, an unquenchable fire, a hunger without surfeit, a sweet delight, a pleasing madness, a labour without repose and repose without labour.
• Love is a feeling you feel when you are going to get a feeling you have never felt before.
• Love is when two people are under the influence of most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transients of passion and they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part.
• To love somebody is not just a strong feeling it is a decision, it is a judgment and it is a promise.
• Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person.
The last two definitions look like what God called love in the Bible, but to some people, all the other definitions seem correct. But no one can define love better than God that created it. The Bible says God is love, so it takes someone who have received the life of God to truly love, an unbeliever cannot truly love. He does not understand what love is all about. In the real sense, he does not have the capacity to walk in love.
• Wrong Association:
When you hang around wrong people, they will wrongly influence you to enter into a wrong relationship. (Proverbs 13:20, Jas. 4:4, Prov. 25:26). Most people who are in wrong relationships will advise their friends to follow wrong steps. You must be very careful about the company you keep.
“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Prov 13:20.
You must always realise that friendship is not by force; it is by choice. You must have the courage to say no to wrong advice. Many would have escaped wrong decisions, if only they had avoided bad friends.
You must be willing to follow God’s word alone, even when your peers decide to do the contrary. The words of God say we must not join multitudes to do evil. (Exo. 23:2) someone who has no regard for God’s word or for your faith in Christ is not qualified to be your friend. Prov 1:10 also says “My son if sinners entice thee, consent thou not”
It is also certain that when you are too desperate to get a partner by all means, you are bound to make silly mistakes and you will certainly choose wrongly. It is always good to redirect your desperation towards God in prayers, fasting, sacrificial giving and working seriously on your character and changing in the area where people around you must have complained about. It is not good to allow desperation to take hold of you. Especially for a lady, you must not be the one running after a man. Desperate people show it by their actions. They may call you once, and you are calling them back five or ten times. People can smell it when you are desperate. People around you will become suspicious, and they will simply conclude that you have messed up your life or that you are wayward.
Excerpt from my book: “EVIDENCE OF WRONG RELATIONSHIP”
Contact: Everwinning Faith Ministries Int’l
31, Oritse Street, off Awolowo Way, Balogun Bus Stop, Ikeja, Lagos.
Or Everwinning Faith Ministries Int’l, Everwinning Faith Avenue,
White sand, Isheri-Osun, (after Ijegun) Lagos.
No comments yet