Sunday, 24th October 2021
Breaking News:

My life became brand new after I met him – Part 2

By Pastor Lazarus Muoka
01 March 2020   |   3:41 am
And to hide my apron or new identity, while going to meet my mother, I wore another cloth on top of the apron. When I got to my mother, she wasted no time, and took me to a herbalist in Ekpoma, Edo State.

Motorcycle Evangelical Group of the Lord’s Chosen on missionary work, during the last programme, “From Sorrow To Joy.”

And to hide my apron or new identity, while going to meet my mother, I wore another cloth on top of the apron. When I got to my mother, she wasted no time, and took me to a herbalist in Ekpoma, Edo State. The herbalist momentarily placed a charm on my head and then asked me to excuse them. I did and stepped out, leaving my mother with him. After a short time, he beckoned to me and immediately I approached them, the herbalist poured some concoction on me. But surprisingly, when I examined myself, I discovered that the concoction only stained my outer cloth and inner singlet while the apron in the middle was not stained. While in the vehicle on our way back home, I drew my mother’s attention to see how the concoction didn’t stain the Apron.

My mother scornfully looked at me and kept mute. When we returned home, I wasted no time, took another cab to Magongo and went straight to that woman co-tenant, who told my mother that I went to the Chosen Church. On getting to her apartment, I narrated how I went to my mother, how she took me to a sorcerer, how the sorcerer poured concoction of charm on me and how the concoction stained all other clothes on me but didn’t touch the Apron.

But instead of the woman to acknowledge the power of God on the Apron, she exclaimed that she has warned me not to have anything to do with the dangerous Church, and now that I could see how the Apron of the Church escaped the sorcerer’s charm, “Are you yet not convinced that the church is dangerous,” she asked. To her amazement, however, I told her categorically that from that moment, I had decided to join the dangerous Church. When I got home, I shaved my beard for a new look. It was from that point the news spread across the community that the Chief Imam had converted to Christianity.

I was not surprised to see many people visiting the next day to authenticate the story that was trending. As people, including the brethren from the other religion gathered in my house, the first persecution came, which was packing my baggage without notice out of the house and declaring me a persona non grata. I was pushed out.

Leaving my baggage in the open, I walked to the church to let the members and particularly the pastor know what had befallen me. When I got there, I told the pastor the situation, and he counseled me not to be discouraged, that God wasn’t ignorant of my predicament and that He would surely deliver me from all afflictions. The pastor prayed for divine favour upon my life. 

Lo and behold, within few hours after the prayer, favour started pouring in on my behalf from the brethren. Even the landlady, who threw my properties on the street, later rented a room for me and got paid by trading my phone with her rent.

On December 29, one of my twin sisters called to inform me that the sorcerer my mother and I visited had died. And the story was that he became restless immediately after pouring concoction on me. Three days after his death, I was preparing to go to Mgbidi for the international programme titled, “WHAT GOD HAS DETERMINED SHALL BE DONE,” when someone informed me that my mother fell while bathing and was wriggling in pain at home. I immediately excused myself and rushed to her house. On getting there and pondering what to do, behold before I knew it she gave up the ghost.

According to her religious rites, she was buried same day. That night after the burial in a dream, a fat man came and tapped me by the side and said, “Brother, you’re welcome.” I shrugged and asked him if I knew him before.  And he told me, “Somebody needed to die for your glory to shine.” I complained that I just lost my mother a few days ago, but he said I should not worry, instead I should console myself by reading the Book of 1Pet. 4: 13-16, which says, “But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters. 16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.” And Gal. 6: 17, which says, “From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.”

In the morning, I sent a text message to the pastor to come, so that he could explain further what the passages meant. When he came, I narrated the dream to him on how a man visited me and gave me words of encouragement. But, besides the words of encouragement, the man had said someone must die for my glory to shine. I placed emphasis on the latter and added that if people began to die for my glory to shine, then it would be misconstrued to be as a result of my joining the Church. After discussing with the pastor, I went to my mother’s house.

As soon as my sisters and other relatives sighted me, they chased me away, accusing me of being the cause of my mother’s sudden death, which they attributed to my joining the church. They alleged that my presence at the funeral was a threat to their lives. I was so embarrassed and perplexed by their action and asked sarcastically how my joining a church could be a threat, even when the church doesn’t condone the use of charms of any kind or the practice of sorcery. I told them that I hadn’t taken any of the paraphernalia used for visiting Mermaid spirits in the river and those for burial ground to the Church, so there was no basis for alarm because of my presence. But since they insisted on sending me away, I had no option than to leave the scene and returned to my base.

At this juncture I felt lonely and confused, not knowing what to do and where to start. However, the pastor and the brethren in Magongo were visiting every now and then. So, I was not lacking anything, as they supplied all my needs in addition to prayers. Meanwhile, every night in the dream, that fat man would visit to encourage me to continue in the new faith. And in every of the visits, he would remind me that someone who was going to be a hindrance to my new faith would die for my glory to shine.

However, I thought this joke cum prophecy was to end with my mother’s death. But alas, I had miscalculated because on January 11, while my father was returning from Agbor in Delta State where they went for a condolence visit, their vehicle had a fatal accident with a company’s truck and all the occupants of the vehicle, including my father perished. And when I was informed of my father’s death, I remembered the fat man’s prophecy about how someone who would be a hindrance to my new faith would die.

As they planned the eight-day prayer, which was the day the last respect would be accorded to him as a member of the other religion, I was asked to contribute the sum of N60, 000. But I protested and asked why I should be asked to pay such a huge amount of money, when we just finished my mother’s burial. I took the matter to my Pastor and before I started lamenting, he told me not to worry, that the Church would foot the bill. Before I knew it, he gave me the money and I took it to them. They couldn’t believe I would be able to pay the money, to the extent I was asked how I managed to get it. In response, I let them know that God of Chosen answers prayers.

Brethren, since that day, I have been enjoying my salvation. God has been so merciful to me. The joy I have enjoyed so much within these few weeks I stayed with the Children God, and it has overshadowed the 36 wasteful years I spent in the other religion. Before now, I used to go to the cemetery daily from 1a.m till 4a.m to get charms from the dead. But now, I have been sleeping peacefully without interruption. Secondly, I have not prayed or done anything against my fellowmen, unlike when I was on the other side, no day passed without someone asking for charm to harm his or her co-tenant, friend or neighbour. I want to thank God very much for making me to know Him, as my Lord and personal Saviour. I had been deceived since I was born, but now, I have seen the light. Praise the Lord.

In this article