Spotlight on Terah (lessons for nation building)
Terah was the father of Abraham who had some far-reaching influence on him, now the father of Terah was Nahor and Nahor means a snort thus passing the spirit of snort into Terah. Terah became a domineering and overbearing snorter, it was not surprising that God’s call vision and dream of the promised land that Abraham related to the father was snorted in, usurped and then Terah became the vision-driver.
 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son’s son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram’s wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan, and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.
Terah was supposed to look unto the leadership of Abraham and follow him and not the other way round.
 Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are dug.
 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
The name Terah means the following: wretch, one banished, wanderer, station also to breathe, scent and blow.
So, once again the good era of Noah’s blessings and promises from God was being overshadowed with the thick darkness. And a change was necessary, it was high time they ended a bad era and birth a new good era that means it should end with Terah and begin the Good news era with Abraham.
Terah – A Station
As a station we can see Terah as a point of embarking, an originating point, a gathering place to process a movement and a terminus that ends a planned movement or journey
There are two critical features of a station:
• You can enter into the properties of a station and
• You can come out of, depart from the control of the station.
God instructed Abraham to come out from three character influential stations:
• Come out of your corruption-infested country, a country plagued with vices,
• Come out from your blood, nativity, clan and closely knitted ties i.e. your kindred and
• Come out of your wrong misleading DNA and chromosome, which you inherited from your parents i.e. Come out from your father’s house.
The three obvious truth why this must happen is:
• Your country has failed to lay a good foundation and therefore its constitution is beset with faults and errors,
• Your kindred, party men that passionately drive you and the nation as your clan are clandestinely selfish, self-serving and far from the oath of the altar of patriotism mandate, which they ought to represent and;
• There is a faulty, undependable, misleading, deceitful, candidature, which has not studied himself to be approved unto God and unto men.
 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
God bless you.