Wednesday, 5th October 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search
Breaking News:

European Court of Human Rights

30 Jun
The European Court of Human Rights on Thursday told Russia to prevent the execution of two British citizens sentenced to death in a pro-Moscow separatist region of Ukraine. Shaun Pinner and Aiden Aslin were earlier this month sentenced to death by a court in the unrecognised Donetsk People's Republic, following their surrender to Russian forces…
25 Jul 2018
The European Court of Human Rights on Wednesday called on Russia to provide "appropriate treatment" to jailed Ukrainian filmmaker Oleg Sentsov who has been on hunger strike for two months. Arguably Russia's most prominent prisoner, Sentsov launched his protest on May 14 in a bid to win the release of Ukrainian political prisoners held in…

Latest

29 mins ago
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has disowned a purported ad hoc staff recruitment portal for 2023 general election, describing it as fake.
1 hour ago
The remaining 23 kidnapped people from the Abuja-Kaduna train attack were freed by their abductors on Wednesday, the Nigerian military said. The train was attacked on March 28. The secretary of the Chief of Defense Staff Action Committee Prof. Usman Yusuf said the Chief of Defense Staff General Lucky Irabor,"secured the release and took custody…
1 hour ago
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday ordered his government to take over operations at Europe's largest nuclear power station in the Russia-annexed region of Zaporizhzhia in southern Ukraine. "The government will ensure that the nuclear facilities at the plant... are integrated as federal property," the executive order said. The power station has been occupied by…
1 hour ago
Qatar on Wednesday announced that the number of government workers attending offices would be slashed and school hours reduced in a bid to ease congestion before and during the World Cup. With more than one million visitors expected during the November 20 to December 18 tournament, the government is anxious to keep traffic off the…
1 hour ago
President Joe Biden is "disappointed" with the OPEC+ cartel's decision to slash oil production output and believes it will hurt the world economy, the White House said Wednesday. "The president is disappointed by the shortsighted decision by OPEC+," National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan and top economic advisor Brian Deese said in a statement. The supply…