Nokia 7 Plus, a phone for all seasons
Nokia may not be the market leader it was in the pre-smartphone era, but the present-day iteration of the firm – which operates in the mobile space under licensee HMD Global, a company formed by many former Nokia executives – has been chipping away with its range of Android-based handsets.
The Nokia 7 Plus – released alongside the 2018 version of the Nokia 6 and the flagship Nokia 8 Sirocco – effectively serves as the brand’s mid-range challenger for this year, offering decent specs, ‘pure’ Android and basic camera setup.
The Nokia 7 Plus can be said to be in a world of its own and would definitely be an attraction for tech savvy executives.
A careful check on the device revealed some unique identified detailed features of Nokia 7 Plus:
• The Nokia 7 Plus runs Android 8.0 Oreo and bears a 6-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) IPS display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass.
• Nokia 7 Plus is fuelled by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB expandable storage.
• The smartphone’s dual rear camera comprises a 12-megapixel wide-angle primary camera with an f/1.75 aperture, and 1.4-micron pixels, as well as a 13-megapixel camera with an f/2.6 aperture, 1-micron pixels, and 2x optical zoom.
• Both the lens use Carl Zeiss optics with the secondary camera doubling as telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom. The Nokia Pro mode is enabled to give users more control while taking photos.
• The Nokia 7 Plus is equipped with 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C (2.0), a 3.5mm audio jack, and Nokia 7 Plus’ 3800mAh battery. The smartphone can deliver a talk time up to 19 hours and a standby time of 723 hours.
• Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and a rear-facing fingerprint sensor.
• The distinct feature in Nokia 7 Plus is a single speaker with a smart amplifier and Nokia spatial audio with 3 mics.
• The smartphone has an aluminium uni-body, and available in two colours: Black/ Copper and White/ Copper.
Design and display
6-inch IPS panel with 1080 x 2160 resolutions
Ceramic coated back gives good grip
Series 6000 aluminium frame
The 7 Plus conforms to the design language laid down by handsets like the standard Nokia 7 and Nokia 8; we’re talking rounded edges, rear-mounted fingerprint scanners and the bare minimum of physical buttons.
The Nokia 7 Plus’ sturdy frame is machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminium, which gives it an incredibly robust feel.
The copper-coloured frame contrasts neatly with the black bodywork elsewhere, although it looks just as good on the white model.
No comments yet