The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Ikeja Electric clears air on electrocution report

Related

Ikeja-ElectricIkeja Electric Plc has denied report about the electrocution of two members of the public after a spark from an electric pole resulted in a fire incidence on Shogbamu Street in the Bariga area of Lagos State.

The company said in a statement that nobody died in the reported incident.According to the company, contrary to the publication, “our investigations reveal that the fire began within an electronics shop and was not caused by a spark from an electric pole,” it added.

It noted that at the scene of the fire, there was no evidence of felled power lines or snapped power cables as erroneously reported in the publication. “It is also important to mention that thankfully, no member of the public was electrocuted or suffered any major physical injury as a result of the fire outbreak.

“The relevant agency is still in the process of conducting investigation into the actual cause of the fire and will publish their findings shortly.“Ikeja Electric commiserates with residents and shop owners who lost property in the fire and urge our customers to ensure original electrical accessories are used at all times.

Furthermore, it is advisable to turn off all appliances, disconnecting cables from power outlets at the close of business or when the devices are not in use.“Ikeja Electric has a dedicated Network Safety Monitoring Team that is set up to address and respond to any safety related questions or issues.,” the company added.


In this article:
Ikeja Electric
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet