Baptised In Christ (1)
Memory Verse: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8.
Scripture: Acts 2:1-21
THE period between creation of the universe and the birth of the Messiah is known as the age of the Father, while the era from the birth of our Lord to His ascension is the age of the Son. The period from the ascension to the second coming of our Lord is the age of the Holy Spirit, Mat. 3:11; Mark 1:8.
Jesus promised His disciples power in Acts 1:8 and fulfilled it in Acts 2:1-2. The disciples spoke with new tongues as prophesied in Joel 2:28-32. Salvation without baptism is not unusual, Acts 19:2-3.
The preconditions for baptism include:
• Repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, Acts 2:38; 10:44, Gal. 3:2, 5, 14.
• Thirst for righteousness, Matthew 5:6.
• Prayer and importunity, Lk. 11:11-13; Lk. 18:17.
• Faith unwavering, Jam. 1: 6.
• Absolute surrender, Acts 5:32.
Every believer is entitled to baptism in Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus, 1 Cor. 12:4-10
• Boldness in righteous service, Acts 4:29,31-33
• Supernatural empowerment for excellence service, Acts 1: 5,8, Acts 2:41
• Spiritual gifts are poured out, 1 Cor. 12:4-10
• An intensified hunger for holiness and righteousness, Jn.6: 63, 2 Cor.3:6.
We all need to win the battle between the flesh and the spirit, Galatians 6:5-7. Ask and you will be given, Lk. 11:9-13, Matt. 7:7. Are you experiencing the results of the baptism? Ask the Lord to strengthen you with the power of the Holy Spirit so that you can become an effective instrument for Him. We need the power of the Holy Spirit to operate in the miraculous and the supernatural. Everything in ministry is spiritual even seemingly ordinary routine, common acts and assignments. Many lawful things are not necessarily helpful or wise. Remember the flesh kills, but the spirit makes alive. If you sow into the flesh, you can only from the flesh reap corruption and degradation. Sow in the spirit and reap eternal life. Enjoy spirit and life today in Christ Jesus. Amen.
No comments yet